A smile is a calling card of a person! Healthy and well-groomed teeth always add attractiveness and increase self-confidence. Many dream of a snow-white smile, but not everyone is given it by nature, and even a thorough brushing of teeth with whitening pastes does not give the expected result. Therefore, nowadays the dental procedure of teeth whitening has gained more and more popularity.
Broev Vladimir Rafaelovich
Головний лікар клініки; лікар-стоматолог загального профілю; стоматолог-хірург
What is professional teeth whitening
Professional teeth whitening is the easiest and most convenient way to get a radiant smile back in one visit to the dental office.
Teeth whitening is carried out in a dental clinic using the latest technologies such as laser. There is also the possibility of teeth whitening with trays, a procedure performed by the patient at home.
Dentists recommend professional teeth whitening only after 16 years of age.
What causes discoloration of teeth
An ideal white smile is very rare, with age, teeth are exposed to external factors that lead to their yellowing:
- Foods and drinks that change the color of the teeth (coffee, tea, red wine, blueberries, etc.).
- Bad habits such as smoking.
- Bacterial plaque/calculus can also affect the color of a natural tooth.
- Long term antibiotic treatment.
- Minor trauma to the tooth – cracks in the enamel, contributing to the formation of stains on the surface of the tooth.
When is teeth whitening contraindicated?
Professional teeth whitening is not recommended in the following situations:
- Young age (teeth whitening is not performed for persons under 16 years of age).
- Pregnancy (due to frequent gingivitis).
- Smoking addiction.
- Allergy to bleach.
- Great tooth sensitivity.
- Wear of teeth, cracks in enamel.
- The presence of carious lesions.
Indications after the teeth whitening procedure at the ID Dent clinic in Kiev
- Brush your teeth twice a day (morning and evening) with desensitizing toothpaste for about 2 weeks.
- Avoid substances that stain your teeth. Try to avoid or at least reduce your intake of: coffee, tea, red wine, tomato juice, soy juice, balsamic vinegar, berry juice, cherries, etc.
- It is also advisable not to smoke after treatment.
- In the first days after whitening, try drinking the liquid through a straw to maximize the strength of the restored tooth enamel.
- Some patients may experience a tooth sensitivity reaction. This is a normal reaction, usually of moderate intensity. If the pain is too strong, then it is recommended to take analgesics.
How much does teeth whitening cost
Teeth whitening at the ID Dent clinic in Kiev is a high-quality and safe procedure at an affordable price. The cost of the procedure will depend on the chosen method of teeth whitening. Prices for all services can be found in our price list.
Would you like to make an appointment? Call the specified contact number or fill out the form on the site!