A beautiful smile and healthy teeth are the key to success and well-being! To keep your teeth in excellent condition, it is their cleaning that plays the most important role. Over time, soft plaque forms on the teeth, which turns into stone, and even the most thorough and diligent brushing and flossing will not help to get rid of it on your own. Therefore, in addition to proper oral hygiene at home, our specialists recommend professional teeth cleaning in a dental clinic, which will return your teeth to a naturally white shade and perfect smoothness.
Broev Vladimir Rafaelovich
Головний лікар клініки; лікар-стоматолог загального профілю; стоматолог-хірург
Plaque is an accumulation of bacteria in the form of a film that appears on the surface of the teeth.
Bacterial plaque must be removed daily, otherwise it will lead to the formation of tartar, which contributes to the appearance of caries. Removal of tartar is possible only in a dental clinic.
Plaque is formed when food residues containing carbohydrates (sugar, white flour products), milk, carbonated drinks, cakes, sweets are not removed from the surface of the teeth. Bacterial plaque can accumulate under the gums at the roots of the teeth. This contributes to the appearance of gingivitis, which is manifested by redness and inflammation of the gums, as well as the appearance of bad breath.
How to prevent bacterial plaque
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Pay special attention to the space between the teeth and between the gums and teeth. When brushing your teeth, make both horizontal and vertical movements. It is advisable to clean the surface of the tongue with a brush, as bacteria also accumulate on it, which must be removed.
- Use dental floss to remove food debris and bacteria.
- Eat a balanced diet and choose raw vegetables and fruits to snack between meals, as this helps remove food debris and neutralizes salivary acids that cause plaque buildup.
- Rinse your mouth with mouthwash, if possible after each meal.
- Visit your dentist every six months for an ultrasonic cleaning.
Professional teeth cleaning
Professional oral hygiene is an important dental prophylaxis, which is recommended to be carried out twice a year in the dental office.
With the help of toothbrushing at the ID Dent clinic in Kiev, both bacterial plaque and tartar above and below the gum, as well as most food stains, are removed using the Air Flow cleaning step.
As an easy-to-perform, routine and painless treatment, and with the effect of an immediate visible improvement in the appearance of the teeth, teeth cleaning is one of the most frequently requested procedures in our clinic by patients.
Cleaning your teeth at the dentist will not harm the teeth or the general health of the patient in any way, the only thing that can harm is its delay. Tartar that has accumulated in large quantities causes gum retraction and root discoloration (periodontitis), so this minimally invasive oral hygiene procedure should be performed periodically, adhering to all the recommendations of a specialist.
Would you like to make an appointment? Call the specified contact number or fill out the form on the site!