Nowadays, metal-ceramic dental crowns are very popular among patients. They have an affordable price and realistic aesthetics, so it is quite difficult to distinguish these from the patient’s natural teeth. They also have other benefits and advantages. Of course, before deciding on this type of prosthesis, it is necessary to understand all the complexities of making and using it.
A metal-ceramic crown is composed of a metal frame covered with a hypoallergenic ceramic coating. The appliance is characterized by its high resistance and good aesthetics.
Broev Vladimir Rafaelovich
Головний лікар клініки; лікар-стоматолог загального профілю; стоматолог-хірург
Indications for the use of metal-ceramic in dental restoration.
This type of dental restoration is usually used in the following cases:
- Noticeable wear of dentin and enamel;
- Breakage or fracture of a part of the tooth;
- Replacement of other types of crowns;
- If it is impossible to recreate the shape and function of the tooth using a filling.
Definitely, metal-ceramic crowns can solve a number of problems at a very attractive price.
- Ability to correct the most complex dental defects.
- Crowns look completely natural.
- In these prostheses it is more difficult for dental plaque or calculus to form.
- Crowns do not cause discomfort or allergies (although it depends on the reaction of the body to the metal used).
- Metal-ceramic teeth are durable.
Of course, these designs have certain disadvantages. Some of the materials that cover the metal can break (for example, porcelain), so the patient should pay attention to their diet and be careful about injuries. Also, natural teeth can be seriously destroyed, as artificial crowns are too heavy for them.
Metal-ceramic dental crowns do not require special care. Simply brush your teeth twice a day and use a mouthwash with antibacterial properties. Also, do not forget to make an appointment with the dentist every six months, as he will check the condition of the crowns and dental tissues.
Do you want to know the exact prices and how the placement procedure of metal-ceramic dental prostheses is carried out? Make an appointment with us by the phone number that is indicated in the contact information or complete the form published on the official website of our clinic.