Dental prosthetics is a process of restoring the patient’s dentition. The main purpose of using dental protheses is to restore the complete chewing function of the teeth and an aesthetically flattering appearance.
Broev Vladimir Rafaelovich
Головний лікар клініки; лікар-стоматолог загального профілю; стоматолог-хірург
Dental prosthetics are used for:
- Restoration of lost teeth.
- Restoration of fractured teeth (cracked teeth).
- Strengthening those weak, fragile or dead tooth.
- Improve the aesthetic appearance of the teeth.
Prosthetic dentistry divides prostheses into:
- Removable (the prostheses can be removed freely and at any time and is able to replace the dentition, both completely and partially).
- Non-removable (permanent prostheses that can be made of different materials such as: metal, plastic, ceramic, metal-ceramic protheses or protheses based on a combination of metal and plastic).
Non-removable dental protheses are offered at a higher price, since non-removable dental elements and materials are distinguished by their high resistance and are highly bio-compatible. Permanent protheses are recommended only when multiple teeth are missed or health roots are still preserved. If the teeth are partially or completely absent, the dentist may prescribe a removable appliance to avoid problems with chewing function and restore your healthy and beautiful smile.
Dental prosthetics at the ID Dent clinic in Kiev.
ID Dent offers the following types of protheses and the choice of them depends on the patient’s financial capabilities, personal preferences and the complexity of the case.
- Acrylic prosthesis.
- Dental inlays.
- Dental crowns.
- Zirconium crowns.
- Ceramic without metal.
- Bridge prothesis.
- Nylon prosthesis.
Before starting with any dental prosthetics, after consultation, other dental problems in the oral cavity that can be detected will have to be solved. The different dental disease and conditions that we can find are: cavities, gum disease, presence of teeth that need to be treated by a specific treatment, etc. Without the adequate treatment of these diseases, the placement of an additional prothesis is impossible.
After the procedure, the dentist will indicate to the patient detailed instructions on how to care for the protheses. These protheses will have a natural appearance and will restore the whole functions of the teeth and a perfect smile only if all the instructions indicated by your dentist will be correctly followed.